Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cheap Furniture from Hays

This coming Friday I will move into my new flat in Beckenham. It is an exciting time. Reliant on the state pension plus credits, I am obviously on a low budget, but hey ho, what is new there. Jo and I went along to Hays, just outside Beckenham, where there is a second hand furniture shop. I managed to get a bed, a settee, 4 dining chairs and a big desk for under £200. And the mattress is a brand new one. It is a start. I already have a few bits that I have collected over the weeks: pillows, bedding, crockery,cutlery, champagne flutes. Oh yes, I have to have champagne flutes. And I have bought a china teapot. It really is a new beginning.

All I need now (and I say need as opposed to want) is an electric kettle, and iron, and most important of all, curtains. I shall be trawling the charity shops in the next few days. Oh, and I will treat myself to a cheap printer so that I can print off my poems to submit to magazines. Now I am living in Britain, that will be so much easier.

For those of you who are new to my blogs, I do spent a lot of my time writing. In fact, I have written and published a book, Tears from the Sun - a Cretan Journey. It is based on experiences of a past life, I lived in Crete for 18 years. And my next novel is almost finished. As for poetry, I have always loved reading and writing poetry. I don't think it will be long before I am knocking on the door of the Beckenham poets, to ask if I can join their circle. I have discovered the Beckenham Book Shop, what a joy! And I have joined the library.

But for now, it is the run up to Christmas and all things festive. The lights are on in Beckenham, and there is lots of tinsel in the shop windows. Father Christmas is on his way, turkey, food and fun!

So, that's me for now, I wish you all a very happy Sunday wherever you are.
Love Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story