Sunday, April 3, 2016

Greek Voices

Greek Voices, one of the four poems I read out at the Sheffield Poet-a-Thon on Saturday, when a group of 50 Yorkshire poets got together to raise money for Asylum Seekers. Over £10,000 was raised. Not only did I get to hear some fantastic poetry, but I also got to meet Helen Mort, one of my favourite poets. Well done everyone!



And today I am learning my lines for Up The Resistance, the play I'm in at the Academy Theatre, Birdwell, next Wednesday and Thursday.

It has been a lovely sunshiny day, the bushes in our garden are blossoming, and our little seedlings are pushing up through the soil. It's enough to make you want to write poetry.

Have a peaceful week, everyone,
Love and hugs,
Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story