Friday, April 7, 2017

A Little Success in The Poetry Shed

Zingy things are indeed happening! Not only are our garden trees and shrubs blossoming, glorious yellow daffodils standing tall and regally blooming in our garden, but I have had a poem accepted for publication in The Poetry Shed, scheduled for April, thanks to Abegail Morley.

It was also such a joy to meet fellow poets at the Shortlands Poetry Circle meeting last week, where the Russian poet Yvgeny Yevtushenko and Polish poet Wislawa Szymborska were on the menu. Only a few days later Yvgeny Yevteshenko sadly died. It was good to become reaquainted with his work after many years. R.I.P. dear poet. I was thrilled to have my poem from the Yorkshire Anthology, The Barnsley Boundary Walk - Over Woodhouse read out by poet Isabel Bermudez, it was a proud moment.

There doesn't seem to be much going on with regard to the poetry scene in Barnsley at the moment, shame about that. Still I always have Ian MacMillan to fall back on with his quirky radio 3 show, The Verb, Friday nights at 10p.m. and his entertaining tweets.

I have approached a publisher with my novel and waiting to hear what they have to say. Meanwhile I am reading and writing as much as I can.

Wortley Top Forge

The lovely spring weather in and around Barnsley has meant my walking boots have been given an airing. David and I walked to Wortley over lush green fields and down the estate road. It took us about an hour and a half but we were meandering, appreciating the countryside, and speculating on how it would have been in days gone by. We had a lovely cuppa in a cafe at Wortley and then walked back. The walk back was quicker so we could be in time to watch Time Team on the telly. I've seen most episodes before but it's a programme I love.

And, to make my week Jo and Jack came up from London for an overnight stay. Jade and Star our granddaughters from Worsbrough Dale, together with mum Tracy, joined us for a family tea, and we had a great get together. It prompted a clean up of the house, including windows, and a tidy up of the garden. Job done!

And now it's lunchtime so I'm off. Talk again soon,
Have a good week everyone, the sun is going to shine, so enjoy it.
Love and hugs,
Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story