Monday, March 5, 2018

After The Anaesthetic

I'm alive! Goodness, that was nasty, but six weeks on I have body and soul together and I'm surging ahead into 2018.
Meet Monty Bear, my little comforter in between the pain killers and sleep.

Well, I survived the anaesthetic, and I'm not going to go into the grizzly details of my operation, or the wretchedness of the month of February. Suffice it to say, the Doctors and nurses of Barnsley hospital were wonderful, my home carer (being David) was a saint, my family were there when I needed them, and Monty Bear was a comfort to me during my regression into a childlike state, while I switched off to allow my body to heal.

So, here we are into March. The 'Beast from the East' Siberian weather of the past week has moved on leaving patches of frozen snow here and there, but the garden is green again, and the streets are clear of any trace of slush. 

Birdwell Feb2018
What a good job I didn't have to go out in that awful weather, but now I'm well on the mend it's full steam ahead with a mission to get battle fit for the long walks that we are planning. First we shall complete the Barnsley Boundary Walk, only about 3 legs of that walk left, then we shall be heading to the coast for a bit of coast walking. It's all in the spirit of having fun. And in that same spirit David and I have booked a coach trip to Whitby. 


Yes, there's nothing like a near death experience for bringing to the fore the necessity for having fun. In this our 50th year of marriage, we shall be having plenty of just that. So watch this space for details of our adventures, oh, they won't be taking us to the Seychelles, or China, or the Bahamas, but   I promise we shall still be having a load of fun. 

In my quest for better health I have perfected the art of making cake without butter or margarine, that is without fat.
This is my recipe: 100 gram dark brown sugar,
2 mashed bananas, 1 small carton Alpro yoghurt, 1 egg (beat all that together) Add 200 gram gluten free S R flour, 1 teaspoon ginger, pinch salt. (Beat all the ingredients together and pour the batter into a loaf tin). Bake for approx 35/40 mins Fan 175.

Give it a go. Add your own spice. I sometimes put in dried dates soaked in water. It is also possible to use apple sauce instead of bananas. 

So, dear reader, join me in a year of fun from here on in. Talk again soon.

Love and hugs,
Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears From The Sun - The Story